Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Marathon writing session

Wow, so I just finished a 3 day marathon writing session and I am exhausted. Thank goodness it was only for a short story or I would never have made the deadline. I heard about a call for submission for paranormal short stories to be considered for a Halloween themed anthology. Being the sort of person who can never miss anything tagged "Halloween" I just had to grease up my writing chops and get to work in order to meet tonight's midnight deadline. The problem was, I only heard about the project 3 days ago!
I see it and think, no problem, I can do that. I already have the storyline in my head (sort of). Little did I realize how many hours I would put into that 8K word short story! But it's finished. I love it! And I was able to submit it before the deadline. Yay!
Now all I have to do is wait and see if it will be accepted for inclusion. I suppose the worst case scenario is that I will at least have a completed work hanging around for future opportunities.
I'm kind of shocked at myself that I completed the work from concept to finished project in such a short span of time. I'm wondering if that's how I always need to work...but then I see my pillow beckoning and I think...nah.

Wish me luck!

P.S. A big, heartfelt thanks to all of my followers!

No comments: